What Can We Tell from This Photo? (Case Study 8)
What can we tell from THIS photo?
- The portion of the wall on the left side of the cracking has dropped relative to the right. This indicates that the cracking is probably from some type of earth movement, such as settlement, consolidation of soil, frost heave, etc.
- The cracking exhibits previous patching which indicates that the cracking has been observed and an attempt has been made to repair it.
- The edges of the cracking is worn which indicates that it has been present for years.
- The patching is falling out which indicates that the phenomena causing the cracking is still active.
- The patching is falling out which also indicates that it has been present for years.
- The second stairstep crack to the right indicates that the cause has been progressing farther.
Do you have any other observations that we missed?
Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.