Happy Flag Day (June 14 2017)
What does the flag of the United States of America mean to you?
Is it just a colorful piece of fabric, an outdated signaling device, a decoration for your hat or shirt, a symbol of repression or freedom, or something else?
The six purposes of the Constitution of the United States are:
- To Form a more perfect union
- To Establish justice
- To Ensure Domestic Tranquility
- To Provide for the Common Defense
- To Promote the General Welfare
- To Secure the Blessings of Liberty
The flag, as a symbol of America, represents these purposes of “We the People.” It does not represent any past, present, or future administration, Congress, or Judiciary.
Let’s respect the flag and each other as fellow Americans.